Re: indexing operations in 2.1.39

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: indexing operations in 2.1.39
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:50:25 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On  4-Nov-2002, Andy Adler <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | I have got sparse to work correctly by adding the method:
> |
> | octave_value_list
> | octave_sparse::subsref (const std::string type,
> |                         const SLList<octave_value_list>& idx,
> |                         int nargout)
> | { return do_multi_index_op( nargout, idx.front()); }
>
> Does your do_multi_index_op function really use nargout?  If so, when
> is it used?

No, Nargout is not required, but it doesn't work, unless
I use the the subsref method with the nargout parameter.

I think that for user defined types, the multi_index_op is
always called.

Thanks for the example. I've added something like this.

Also, I'm very happy with 2.1.39. I especially like the
fact that Dynamic loading works for cygwin out of the box!

Andy
--
Andy Adler,
Assistant Professor, School of Information Technology and Engineering,