Windows and dynamically linked files

From: Douglas Eck
Subject: Windows and dynamically linked files
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 17:59:03 -0500

[cc replies  to address@hidden please]

Hello all,

I downloaded 2.1.35 and a fresh install of cygwin. I did a
./configure and a make and everything compiled. However,
if I cd into SRC/examples and try to build an oct file
I get a slew of undefined references. I don't have a way to get
the output from my laptop onto the machine I"m typing from.
But there are many failed references, such as to Array<octave_value>::
~Array(void) which I suppose is in liboctave.a

I've ensured that liboctave.a, libcruft.a and liboctinterp.a are all
visible but the linker doesn't seem to link to them. I read that perhaps
I need
to do ./configure --enable-shared but then the build fails
with undefined references in some of the fortran libs. For example
[from the output from make]
c++ -shared -o libcruft.so.2.1.35  [lots of obj files]
yields hundreds of failed references to, eg,  s_copy, s_wsfi, do_fio
e_wsfi

Perhaps I need to build a shared version of libstdc++?
I think I'm missing something obvious here... any suggestions?

Cheers,
Doug