Re: using gnuplot (wgnuplot) with octave under windows 95 ("Alan Rockwoo

From: Craig Stoudt
Subject: Re: using gnuplot (wgnuplot) with octave under windows 95 ("Alan Rockwood")
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 11:09:43 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using NT; the following statements in my octaverc
file work for me:

putenv('TMPDIR','c:/gnu/cygwin/tmp');
gnuplot_binary = 'pgnuplot';

In addition, you need to add the path to "pgnuplot" to
your PATH environment variable.  On NT systems you do
this via the "Control Panel;" under Win95 I believe
you need to add a "set Path = ...." line to your
autoexec.bat file.

I believe the putenv statement tells octave where to
put plot output so that gnuplot can find it.

It's a bit of a pain to configure, but this stuff
(Octave, Emacs, Gnuplot) really does work under
Windows.

Craig Stoudt

http://im.yahoo.com