Re: load-save

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: load-save
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:38:35 -0500

On 15-Aug-2001, Gerald Marewo <address@hidden> wrote:

| Musi we Wed, Aug 2001 nenguva dza 03:56:44AM +0200, Trond Karsten Varslot
akati:
| > Hi again,
| > With regard to my previous posting, what I ment to say was naturally that
| > I had compiled octave-2.1.33 and octave-2.1.34 on an i686 under Linux
| > (RedHat distro), and was able to save structures, but when when I compiled
| > it on a SPARC running SunOS 5.6, I did get an error message:
| >
| > A.a=1;A.b=2,A.c=[1,2,3];save('testfile.mat','A')
| >
| > results in:
| > warning: save: wrong type argument `struct'
|
| i got the same result on :
|  Linux aardvark 2.0.34 #67 Thu Jun 18 17:04:10 MEST 1998 i686 unknown
|  S.u.S.E 5.2
|
| with octave 2.1.30.

I think it will work if you use the Matlab or HDF5 save type, but not
if you use the default Octave file format.  Eventually, this should be
fixed.

BTW, octave-sources is really just intended as a place for posting
contributed source code, not for discussions, so I've cc'd this reply
to help-octave instead of octave-sources.

jwe