RE: File syncing

From: averstak
Subject: RE: File syncing
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 12:19:05 -0400

Either fflush or fclose must do what you want.  When any of
these returns, the output must be in the system buffer or on
the disk.  In either case, it will be visible to all other
processes.  I've used these C library functions for years
and never had a problem.

Synch() makes sure everything is written to the disk, but
this is not necessary in your situation.  Synch() is more
like a checkpoint for fault tolerance, not something that an
application programmer should care about.

=alex