Re: I need help compiling on Mandrake 8.0

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: I need help compiling on Mandrake 8.0
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:30:23 -0500

I don't think Octave depends on libz.

It is not unusual for some configure tests to fail, so without any
additional context, messages in config.log saying that a test fails
don't mean much.

Without supplying more information, it is not likely that anyone can
help you solve the problem.  You haven't even told us what version of
Octave you are trying to compile, or precisely what you mean when you
say that compiling doesn't work.

jwe