GNU plot alternative

From: Laurent Jacques
Subject: GNU plot alternative
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:33:20 +0200

Hello,

I'm an octave newbie (I just use currently Matlab and Scilab), so I have
three basic questions:

1°) Is there a gnuplot alternative for graphics in Octave ? I'm sorry but I
don't like very much the gnuplot output.

2°) Are there current news about Octave ? New version (next release),
developpement state (I don't find any recent information about that on the
Octave homepage) ?

3°) If I produce (with a little team) a new toolbox for octave (with the GPL
license of course), where can I submit/post it ?

Thanks,
L. Jacques.