Re: while condition

From: Roberto Lopez
Subject: Re: while condition
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 14:44:25 +0000

SZABO Sandor wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In doc I found the following ones:
>
> function f (...)
>   while (nargin--)
>     disp (va_arg ())
>   endwhile
> endfunction
>
> ------
>
> Octave's while statement looks like this:
>
> while (condition)
>   body
> endwhile
>
> Here body is a statement or list of statements that we call the body of
> the loop, and condition is an expression that controls how long the loop
>
> keeps running.

[snip]....

> -----------
> I would like to know what is the condition in
>
>     while (nargin--)
>
> Sandor Szabo

  Hi! This is mine! I know it, I know the answer.

        nargin := number of input arguments in a function
        nargin-- => nargin = nargin - 1
        while( nargin--) => while ((nargin=nargin -1) > 0)

regards,
Rober
--
Roberto Lopez Lopez                                   I love this game!
Optical Engineer, Technology Division              Tel#: +34 922 605200