Re: Profiling tools for octave .oct files?

From: geraint
Subject: Re: Profiling tools for octave .oct files?
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 23:23:28 -0500 (EST)

It is possible to profile .oct files if they are called from a standalone
program (i.e. not Octave). Edit "mkoctfile" to include the appropriate
compiler option (-pg for gcc/gprof) when generating the .oct files from
the .cc sources. If the main executable has been compiled with the same
options, there should be no difficulties generating the profile output.

I haven't been able to generate profile output for .oct files called from
Octave, but I would expect that rebuilding Octave with the appropriate
compiler options would remedy this.

Geraint.