Newbie - Plot question under Cygwin

From: David E. Spence
Subject: Newbie - Plot question under Cygwin
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:51:20 -0800

Hi,

I had the win32 version of Octave running on NT4.0 (using the
"octave-windows.exe" binary.)  Recently I installed Cygwin, removed my
previous Octave installation, and reinstalled the package for Cygwin from
Tom Weichmann.  I can start Octave in bash, but when I try to plot I get the
following messages:

octave:3> plot (x,y)
warning: function `plot' defined within script file
`/usr/local/share/octave/2.1
.31/m/plot/plot.m'
error: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type> type
octave:3>

I have octave.exe, pipe-gnuplot.exe, and wgnuplot.exe all in /usr/local/bin
(which is D:\cygwin\usr\local\bin on my machine) and I have set

gnuplot_binary = "pipe-gnuplot wgnuplot.exe"

I would be grateful for any help anyone can offer.

Thanks,

Dave Spence