Re: Optimization toolbox (re-starting)

From: Teemu Ikonen
Subject: Re: Optimization toolbox (re-starting)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:47:59 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Etienne Grossmann wrote:

>   Any comments, suggestions? My intent was to have a function with
> little overhead (no named options) and still be flexible : extra
> parameters can be passed to minimized function.

You could perhaps look into TOMLAB (www.tomlab.net) for inspiration on
interface design. Its idea is to use single problem definition with
multiple solvers.

I'd also appreciate if the optimization functions could be re-entrant so
one could call the same optimizer from the objective function which is
being minimized.

t.