Re: gset label and arrow

From: Michele
Subject: Re: gset label and arrow
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 07:42:49 +0000

Michele wrote:

> > I'm not sure.  Can you do what you want directly in gnuplot?  If you
> > can, then you should probably be able to do it from within Octave
> > too.  If not, then you probably can't do it from within Octave and you
> > should probably report the problem to the gnuplot maintainers.
> >
> > jwe
>
> Thanks a lot.
> The problem is with multiplot.
> Infact I can't do what I want in multiplot but in normalplot yes.

Sorry, this is not right.
This is the email from  Dick Crawford (from GNUPLOT):

> this is a work section of gnuplot:
>
> gnuplot> set multiplot
> multiplot> set origin 0.1,0.1
> multiplot> set size 0.6,0.3
> multiplot> plot sin(x)
> multiplot> set origin 0.3,0.4
> multiplot> set size 0.6,0.3
> multiplot> plot cos(x)
> multiplot> set arrow 100 from -5,0.6 to 5,0.6 nohead
> multiplot> replot
> multiplot> set arrow 200 from -5,-0.6 to 5,-0.6 nohead
> multiplot> replot
> multiplot> set noarrow 200
> multiplot> replot
>
> But after the replot command the arrow with tag 200 doen't disappear.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks for your help.

I don't know if I'd call it something "wrong", but there is something I
think you have misunderstood.

Each time you give the "plot" or "replot" command, gnuplot draws a new
plot -- but it does not erase what's already been drawn at that location
on
the page.  When you turn off the arrow, gnuplot does indeed draw a new
(arrowless) version of the plot.  But since you didn't change the
origin,
the new plot overlays the older version exactly, and the arrow you see
is
actually the one drawn previously.

To convince yourself that this is really what's happening, reset the
origin
before the final "replot".

Dick Crawford, aka address@hidden