Re: help - solving a cubic spline (octave vs. Matlab)

From: flatmax
Subject: Re: help - solving a cubic spline (octave vs. Matlab)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:43:49 +1100 (EST)

There is, but as far as I know it still exists only in the NETLIB
repositry. It is the work of Paul Dierckx and is called fitpack.

Paul, as I understand it helped Matlab with it's spline algorithms.

I have blind copied Paul for his interest and hope he responds.
Just for Paul's sake .... I would like to introduce you to Octave.
Octave and Matlab are similar but different. For one Octave is open source
software. For two Octave tends to be more robust in some circumstances.
Have a look at :
http://www.octave.org/

Matt