More Win2K installation problems

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: More Win2K installation problems
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:00:42 -0700

I've been trying to install octave-windows-2000oct25d.exe as suggested by previous postings on a Windows 2000 system. From looking at what the installer is trying to do, it appears that the step where the system executes setup.pif is not working properly (a window comes and goes too quickly for me to see why), and then the contents of the src directory as well as some other setup files are deleted, without the octave binaries ever being installed. Any way of working around this?

thanks,
Quentin Spencer