RE: User Function

From: Peter Gawthrop
Subject: RE: User Function
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:36:34 +0100 (BST)

Hi Octavers,

I agree that octave.sourceforge.net would be the ideal place for a
repository.

But we should avoid proliferation of such repositories and so I draw your
attention to
sourceforge.net/projects/matlinks/
Perhaps the owners of that site should be involved in some way?

Best wishes,

        Peter.

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Julian A. de Marchi, Ph.D. wrote:

> I think part of the trouble is that octave.sourceforge.net is in limbo.
> The administrator of that site is Matthew Roberts
> (address@hidden / address@hidden).
>
> In his own words (way back on 8 June 2000):
>
> " If I understand right, you will be building an archive of Matlab/Octave
>   scripts.  That's what I was planning to do with octave.sourceforge.net,
>   without the M*tlab part, of course.
>
> " There's no need to duplicate effort, so I would be happy to `pass the
>   torch' on to you and help you as my time and skills allow. "
>
> So, now all we need to do is track him down and ask politely.
>
> - Julian
>   MatLinks.net

| Prof. Peter J Gawthrop           | Tel: +44 141 330 4960/2528      |
| Centre for Systems and Control & | Fax: +44 141 330 4343           |
| Dept. of Mechanical Engineering  | Room: James Watt 603            |
| University of Glasgow            | Email: address@hidden |
| GLASGOW G12 8QQ, Scotland, UK    | URL: www.mech.gla.ac.uk/Šþpeterg |