Re: load

From: Vincent Stanford
Subject: Re: load
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 20:18:13 -0400

Dear Dave,

I don't know if this is what you need, but here is what I did:
function computePDFs

> %----------------------------
>  % open file and read in data
>rawSoundFile=fopen("SoundCheck.22k","r","native");
>[x,n]=fread(rawSoundFile,Inf,"int16",0,"native");
>
> xMean=sum(x)/n

This reads the file SoundCheck.22k from the directory that I am running
the emacs session with the inferior octave mode ession.  The file is just
a bunch of shorts (int16), and gets turned into the usual double array.
Guess you could put in a fully qualified file name if you don't want to
read from the session directory.  Hope this helps.

Vince Stanford