Re: wavelets

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: wavelets
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:53:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Trond Karsten Varslot wrote:
> > Is there anyone who knows if there exist any wavelets packages to octave.
> >

> > Alternative anyone how knows a good free wavelet package to matlab, I might
> > try to port it.
>
> I had a look at wavelab a while ago. It is for matlab, and does heavily
> rely on mex-files to do the cpu intensive stuff. You can find it at
>
> http://www-stat.stanford.edu/Šþwavelab/
>
> The README file says it is freeware. Source code for the mex files are
> also included. You might want to talk to the authors before porting it
> though.

This package works both with *.m files and *mex files.

The mex files do not compile under Matlab 5.x anyway, so
basically the only things that work are the *.m files.

I've used it under Matlab and octave. It works well.

The licence is for non-comercial usage only, and to
is not GPL compatible.
Andy Adler,                address@hidden