Re: Howto compile octave-CVS with ATLAS

From: Steven G. Johnson
Subject: Re: Howto compile octave-CVS with ATLAS
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:39:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, chenu-tournier marc wrote:
> do I just set BLAS_LIBS to the atlas lib dir (it doesn't seem to work)
> what about the includes, not needed? the same?

If you installed the libraries in non-standard locations (i.e. not in
/usr/local/lib or /usr/lib), you need to tell the configure script somehow
(it can't magically know where you put something).

The standard way to do this is via the LDFLAGS environment variable:

        export LDFLAGS="-L/my/directory/lib"

(In general, you have to tell it where include files are too, via
CPPFLAGS, but that is not needed for ATLAS.)

Once you do this, delete config.cache and re-run configure.

Steven