Re: simple graphic map

From: Michael A O Ash
Subject: Re: simple graphic map
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 00:31:19 -0400 (EDT)

No answer but rather another request.

I have Nx1 vectors X Y Z where X[i] and Y[i] are grid coordinates and Z[i]
is a "height" which I can choose to be continuous or categorical.  I would
like to plot (X[i],Y[i]) and use a color scheme for Z[i], e.g., z=1 red,
z=2 orange, z=3 yellow, z=4 green, z=5 blue, z=6 indigo, z=7 violet.

Gnuplot works on my machine.  I don't see how to do this with plot and
contour doesn't seem to work on my machine.  I thank you in advance for
suggestions or advice.

Best regards,

Michael Ash, Assistant Professor
  of Economics and Public Policy             address@hidden
Department of Economics                    tel 413/545-6329 [off]
University of Massachusetts-Amherst            413/545-2921 [fax]
Amherst, MA 01003            http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~maash