Fortran files in libcruft don't compile

From: J. A. Landamore
Subject: Fortran files in libcruft don't compile
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 16:05:56 +0100 (BST)

I am trying to compile the latest octave on Intel Solaris using gcc 2.95.2.
The
C and C++ files compile fine, but when trying to link the final octave binary I
get a lot of undefined symbols.  These are all from the libcruft directory, and
on investigation there are no .o files anywhere in libcruft _except_ in misc,
and then only for the .c and .cc files.
Anyone any idea why the Fortran compiler that comes as a front end to gcc
2.95.2
isn't compiling files under libcruft?  (The compiler is there as
/usr/local/bin/g77, a link exists from f77, I used the --with-g77 configure
option and it works as demonstrated by doing g77 filename.f when the compiler
runs and barfs with a few symbol reference errors {as you would expect from a
function compiled that way})

Please reply directly to:
address@hidden
as I am not subscribed to help-octave.

TIA for any guidance

John Landamore                         | Please re-install Universe |
Sys. Admin                             |       and reboot           |
Dept Mathematics & Computer Science    |                            |
University of Leicester                |       Hogfather            |
University Road, LEICESTER, LE1 7RH    |    Terry Pratchett         |
address@hidden
Phone: +44 (0)116 2523410       Fax: +44 (0)116 2523604