Re: octave sparse for 2.1.30

From: en254
Subject: Re: octave sparse for 2.1.30
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 23:31:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 13 May 2000 address@hidden wrote:
> On Fri, 12 May 2000, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> > address@hidden skryf:
> > > Here is my octave build config.
> > [...]
> > > RedHat 6.0
> > I've 6.2.
>
> I'm guessing that it probably is a libc thing, since
> RH6.2 has glibc-2.1.3, and RH6.0 has glibc-2.1.1

Just to answer my own post. Yes this is a libc thing.
glibc-2.1.3 is obviously stricter with realloc. I was
reallocing my estimated size matrix to the actual size
after the sparse operation.

If the actual matrix result ended up all-zero, I was
reallocing a to zero size, and the new libc complained.

I've got a temporary fix now, if anyone wants it, but
I'll fix it properly soon.
Andy Adler,                               address@hidden