Re: Octave Repository at Sourceforge

From: etienne grossmann
Subject: Re: Octave Repository at Sourceforge
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:13:34 +0100 (WEST)

  Hello,

From: Rafael Laboissiere <address@hidden>
#  On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 08:50:58AM -0500, Matthew W. Roberts wrote:
#
#  > By popular demand, I've started what hopefully will become a central
#  > location for Octave scripts, functions, etc.:
#  >
#  > http://octave.sourceforge.net/
#  >
#  > [snip]
#
#  That is a great idea and I am willing to collaborate, although I do
#  not have much to contribute for now.  I am already a registered
#  user at SourceForge and am contributing to the PLplot project.
#
#  The only thing that I am not fully pleased with is the name you
#  chose for the project.  As a matter of courtesy with John Eaton,
#  you should avoid using "octave" as the project name.  If it is not
#  too late, how about changing the project name to COAN (Comprehensive
#  Octave Archive Network)?  Sort of cousin of CTAN, CPAN, and CRAN...
#  Later, if necessary, octave.sourceforge.net would be used for the
#  Octave project itself.

  John, what is your opinion? It's the most important one, on that
subject.

  Cheers,

  Etienne

ps : If I get it correctly, "octave-help" is the appropriate list for
     this discussion, so I'm replying there.