Re: octave in background

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: octave in background
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:18:07 -0400

On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 12:00:44PM +0200, Matz Katja (K5/ESK5) wrote:
> do there exist problems to run octave in background using nohup on
> Solaris2.5/2.7 ? May somebody recommend reference ?

Can you run the exact same job manually in a shell? Have you written it as a
shell script in proper 'Bang' notation? Ie start the file with (assuming
this your path to the octave binary)
        #!/usr/local/bin/octave -q
and chmod 755 it. Worked wonders for me under SunOS 4 in a previous
life^H^H^Hjob.

Beste Gr"usse,

Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.