Digital Unix and Octave

From: rkerr1
Subject: Digital Unix and Octave
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:16:20 +1000 (EST)

Hello,

I am endeavouring to get octave installed on my Dec alpha workstation. It
is running OSF1 V4.0

I tried installing the binary (2.0.14 I think) but ran into problems with
libstdc++ not having the shared functionality.

I tried building 2.0.16 and got the following message

/usr/include/sys/signal.h:298: parse error before `int'
make[2]: *** [readline.o] Error 1

Has anyone successfully built a binary on a OSF1 V4.0 alpha ?
Perhaps I can get a binary kit from someone?

Any suggestions most grateful

Richard Kerr