Re: oct2html

From: etienne grossmann
Subject: Re: oct2html
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 08:06:02 +0000 (WET)

  Hello,

#  Thanks for writing oct2html.  It looks like it has documentation in it,
              ^^^^^^^
             It's not me, I barely modified "mat2html"!

#  but pod2man, pod2text and perldoc all fail to extract it.  Should I
#  extract the documentation by hand?

  There is no pod (Plain Old Documentation) in the code. Maybe pod
didn't exist when it was written. It could be perl4, in fact
(currently : perl5).

#  I just figured out that the documentation is only pumped out if improper
#  command-line options are selected.  I don't know what you have to do to
#  make it so that the pod and perl commands will produce documentation.

  I will try to change that so that both option -h and perldoc find
the documentation.

  Etienne