Re: QUERY: what is status/recommendations for Octave + ATLAS compilation

From: A Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: QUERY: what is status/recommendations for Octave + ATLAS compilation
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 16:19:40 -0600

At 1:53 PM -0800 3/7/00, Dennis Decoste wrote:

 One possible problem might be if there are users with platforms
 that are not supported by ATLAS but historically have been by
 Octave (if such platforms exist).
 [I guess such users should chime in soon, if they exist ...]

"Chime"

Actually, that's just a placeholder; I suppose I ought to check on the
availability of ATLAS in a Macintosh (powerpc)-environment.

Upcoming changes to the MacOS in the next few months make it likely that
one or the other of what I'm using (MachTen Unix) vs what I'm going to
change to (MacOS X) will be unsupported by ATLAS.
--
A S Hodel Assoc. Prof. Dept Elect and Computer Eng, Auburn Univ,AL 36849-5201
On leave at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (256) 544-1426