Re: homepage

From: etienne grossmann
Subject: Re: homepage
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:27:16 +0000 (WET)

  Hello,

  thank you for the answers,

From: "Christopher F. Baum" <address@hidden>
#  Check out
#
#  http://ideas.uqam.ca/ideas/data/rpcscript.html
#
#  which contains several perl programs that do that.
#
#  Kit Baum
#  Boston College Economics
#
#  --On Tue, Mar 7, 2000 13:10 +0000 etienne grossmann
#  <address@hidden> wrote:
#
#  >   Most of the time was spent writing a perl script that will extract
#  > documentation from .m files, put them in a separate directory, tar
#  > them up and put them on the web page. Could anyone point to (easy-to-
#  > use) tools for maintaining web pages built around source code?

  Let me see ... I quicly read on http://netec.mcc.ac.uk/RePEc/concepts.html
the basics on "RePec" (Research Papers in Economics), which, iIgic is
loose database format and network of servers that use it. Did I get it
right? Would you recommend, say, creating entries for code authors as
"Persons", functions as "Papers", bundles of functions as "???" ? My
original problem was to get a list of files in a tarball, extract some
documentation from these files and update the .html files that contain
links to these archives. Can RePEc help me?

  Cheers,

  Etienne

ps : When looking at files on http://ideas.uqam.ca/
ideas/data/rpcscript.html, I find annoying the message below, which
appears *before* the content I'm looking for. Imho.

                                         [Downloadable!]

Are you an author of this paper? Then please take the time and register
yourself at our new HoPEc service and link yourself with your works. Note that
you do not
need to register in order to use the search service!

Do you want more of your research listed here? See how you can participate!

To be notified about new online papers in your field of interest, subscribe to
the free NEP reports!