inverse fourier transfrom ifft problem, need help

From: eric
Subject: inverse fourier transfrom ifft problem, need help
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:36:33 -0800

Dear Octave/Matlab expert:

.   We know the inver fourier transform of sinc is a rectangular funciton

We know

As

So

my following code try to do so in matlab student verson 5.3,

f=-128:128;

y=((sin(pi*f)/(pi*f)))

t=-1:2/256;1;

fe=length(t);

Y=ifft(y,256);

plot(t,Y(1:fe));

Warning: Imaginary parts of complex X and/or Y arguments ignored.

diary off

but my output fig graph is not so , it just is a horizontal straight line on value 0.  What may cause wrong?

attach microsoft word file to little bit describe basic math of my discussion.

need and hope to see your help again soon

Eric(address@hidden)