Re: Calling octave from within an external program

From: Steven G. Johnson
Subject: Re: Calling octave from within an external program
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 00:44:54 -0500

> Maybe i just haven't looked at the right places but i'd like to call
> some of the octave functions from C/C++ programs i have written.  I can
> do this in matlab using their math libraries.  Does octave have an
> equivalent.  If not, how would i do this?

I don't think Octave is designed for this (if it exists, that functionality
is not documented).  If you just want to use the matrix operations
(multiply, invert, eigenvalues, etcetera), you might consider directly
calling the same (free) libraries that Octave uses to implement its
operations: BLAS and LAPACK.  See www.netlib.org/lapack for more info.

Cordially,
Steven G. Johnson