Dot product (nx1).*(nxm)

From: Andre Bonfrer
Subject: Dot product (nx1).*(nxm)
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 11:54:37 +1100

Hi!
I'm trying to minimise a function that requires a lot of dot products of
the
form  (dimensions)
(nx1).*(nxm)
e.g. p .* v
where
p is size nx1
v is size nxm

Right now I'm using kron(p,ones(1,m)).*v but it's very slow.
I'm using Octave 2.1.9 on RH6.1, and I've searched the faq's, archives
etc. but
don't seem to be able to find any way of doing this.

Can anyone help?  Are there any functions out there that may be a little

faster than the kron product?
Andre

--
Andre Bonfrer
The Coles Myer Center for Retailing and Marketing