RE: Dot product (nx1).*(nxm)

From: Heber Farnsworth
Subject: RE: Dot product (nx1).*(nxm)
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 22:03:40 -0600

I'm assuming that what you mean by this is that you the ith row of your nxm
matrix to be multiplied by the ith element of your n vector.  If this is the
case then you should write this as

p(:,ones(1,m)).*v

where p is nx1 and v is nxm.  What this does is to multiply v by a nxm
natrix which has p as every column.

Kron is very slow.  It's implemented as an m-file with lots of loops so you
want to avoid it when you need speed.  I think the next version of octave
will have a much faster implementation.  If you need a fast version of kron
now then look on the archive for a message I sent

which contains the code for an oct-file which is very fast.

Heber Farnsworth