Control Functionality for Octave 2.0.xx

From: Kai Mueller
Subject: Control Functionality for Octave 2.0.xx
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:22:00 +0100

The current Control Toolbox (OCST) of Scottedward Hodel
(ftp://ftp.eng.auburn.edu/pub/hodel) requires the development
version (2.1.xx, then "bleeding-edge") of Octave.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Many people asked me for the Control Toolbox functionality
for the stable branch of Octave (2.0.xx). I build a collection
of (mainly Scottedward's) m-Files and an installation script to
add Control Toolbox functionality to almost every version of Octave.
It is available from

   ftp://ftp.ifr.ing.tu-bs.de/pub/ControlSW/OCST-stable

The "stable" stands for "the stable branch of Octave".

You should take advantage of the recent Control Toolbox development
and use Scottedward Hodel's OCST.

If you insist to use your Octave version and if you just need the
Control Toolbox functionality this collection may be ok for you.

NOTES:
------

 o Matlab compatibility: Compatibility with which toolbox of ML?
   Matlab's Control Toolboxes are not compatible with each other.
   Control System TB, Robust Control TB and Mu-Analysis and
   Synthesis TB have entirely different formats.

 o Don't use this if you plan to develop. This collection differs
   from the development versions.

 o Installation:  Unpack, enter "./install-ocst all", answer
   some questions, that's it.

 o I don't have time to support this files. However, I will
   try to remove bugs. Mail me bugs or better bug-fixes.

 o I am not responsible for problems caused by this files.

 o The GPL applies.

Kai

--
 Kai P. Mueller
 Control Department (Regelungstechnik) | Phone [+49] (531) 391-3835