LOADPATH Does not seem to work in octave-2.0.14

From: Young4ert
Subject: LOADPATH Does not seem to work in octave-2.0.14
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:15:53 -0400

Hi There,

I have just compiled and installed the octave 2.0.14 on my AMD K6-2
400MHz running SuSE-6.2.  I created an "octaverc" file in
/home/local/share/octave/site/m/startup directory (I compiled octave
with --prefix=/home/local).  In my "octaverc" file, it consists only
(LOADPATH=".:~/octave//:";) -- without the ().  When I executed octave
from my home directory, the octave does not seem to find my local octave
macro files located under the octave directory in my home directory.
Did I do something wrong with the "octaverc" file?

--
address@hidden