octave

From: juan kuo lin
Subject: octave
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:13:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm the course instructor for 18.443 Statistics for Applications.
I assign numerical homeworks to be done in Matlab, however, I've
received requests from students to use alternative shareware
packages that the students can run from their own computer.

Octave came to mind.  Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty reading
in matlab binary files from octave.  The version I have on my own
computer is Octave 2.0.13.

Octave is supposed to be able to read matlab binary file, but
it doesn't seem to work.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Juan

Juan K. Lin
Massachusetts Institute of Technology    Phone: (617) 253-4390
Department of Mathematics, 2-390         Fax:   (617) 253-4358
77 Massachusetts Avenue                  Email: address@hidden
Cambridge, MA 02139-4307