Octave funding

From: etienne grossmann
Subject: Octave funding
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 09:13:08 +0100 (WEST)

  Hello

> | - I haven't had a close look at liboctave/Array3.h is it to say that
> |   3-indexed arrays are on their way?
>
> The Array3 class has been around for a long time, but there is a lot
> more that needs to happen before Octave can really support
> multidimensional arrays.  So far, no one has contributed the code or
> provided funding for this project.

> | Is this just you, John W. Eaton
>
> Mostly, as a look at the ChangeLog files would show.
>
> | or are there other people behind
> | this nice program?
>
> Other people have made significant contributions.  Most notably
> A. Scottedward Hodel and Kurt Hornik, but there have been others too.
> Check the Acknowledgements section in the manual or on the web page.

  Excuse me for my snoopyness, but I am just curious about how Octave
is developed (I had a look at the "funding page") : do you work
full-time on Octave, or do you also do some research/teaching? Does
anyone work full-time/part-time/contractually on the code? How
big/small is the budget for material/coding/research?

  Also, after a "funding form" is received, do you destroy the credit
card information? That would be a reassuring measure.

  Etienne