Re: n-dim arrays

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: n-dim arrays
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 21:38:59 +0100

Jonathan M Hill wrote:

>     An example: Most often I find that a three dimensional array serves
> as a convenient way to produce a list of two dimensional arrays.
>
>     Rather than attempting to produce a three dimensional array,
> perhaps someone would like to suggest a convenient way to produce a
> list of arrays....

a=list(rand(3), eye(2));
a=append (a,ones(3));
nth(a,1)*nth(a,3)
ans =

  1.27970  1.27970  1.27970
  0.40801  0.40801  0.40801
  2.28243  2.28243  2.28243

helas, this only works on octave 2.1.x

Joao
--
Joao Cardoso                |   e-mail: address@hidden
INESC, R. Jose Falcao 110   |   tel:    + 351 2 2094322