Re: n-dim arrays

From: Jonathan M Hill
Subject: Re: n-dim arrays
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 16:24:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hello;

    Daniel Heiserer made a comment that hit me.  Any time I have
used multidimensional arrays, the extra dimensionality was used
simply to organize the data into a convenient structure.

    An example: Most often I find that a three dimensional array serves
as a convenient way to produce a list of two dimensional arrays.

    Rather than attempting to produce a three dimensional array,
perhaps someone would like to suggest a convenient way to produce a
list of arrays....
                                            Jonathan Hill
                                            address@hidden

> address@hidden wrote:
> >
> > When will octave handle n-dimensional arrays?  I would at least like to see
> > three dimensions...

Daniel Heiserer: