another built problem 2.0.14 on solaris7

From: Martin Burkhardt
Subject: another built problem 2.0.14 on solaris7
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:45:51 +0200

Another build problem: I can't get octave compiled on my ultra60.

solaris7
gcc-2.8.0       compiled myself, default compiler
g77-0.5.23      compiled myself, default compiler
libg++-2.8.0    compiled myself

during make the compiler complains
c++: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'

Sorry if this obvious, I just can't get it to work. I do have binaries,
but they don't seem to work without F77lib.so.3 (someone let me know if
I can download this library somewhere).

Any help would be appreciated.

                                        Martin

After configuration I get the following:

Octave is now configured for sparc-sun-solaris2.7

  Source directory:     .
  Installation prefix:  /sim/usr/local
  C compiler:           gcc  -g -O2 -Wall
  C++ compiler:         c++  -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions
-fno-implicit-templates -g -O2 -Wall
  Fortran compiler:     g77 -O
  Fortran libraries:     -lg2c -lm  -L/usr/ccs/lib -L/usr/lib
-L/sim/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/2.8.1
-L/sim/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib -L. -L/usr/ccs/bin -L/usr/ccs/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -lm
  Use GNU readline:     true
  Default pager:        less
  gnuplot:              gnuplot

  Do internal array bounds checking:       false
  Build shared libraries:                  false
  Minimal kernel option:                   false
  Dynamic Linking (dlopen/dlsym):          true
  Dynamic Linking (shl_load/shl_findsym):  false