Re: Octave and GSL interface

From: Thomas Walter
Subject: Re: Octave and GSL interface
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 22:09:32 +0200

    John> On 18-Jun-1999, Thomas Walter <address@hidden> wrote:
    John> | Hello,
    John> | Is anybody out there interested in acessing some functions from GSL
    John> | too?

    John> Sure, why don't you post your code to the octave-sources mailing list?

This comes if I go home.  I did some work on it til now.  Mainly
compiling hints.  It should arrive in some time.
There are some comments inside because I had to find out how to do
access and declare the data.

[snip]

    John> The tic and toc functions are not the best way to measure
    John> performance because they measure wall-clock time.  Results can vary
    John> dramatically if there are other processes running on the system.
    John> It is generally much better to use the cputime function instead:

    John>   t = cputime ();
    John>   ... code to measure ...
    John>   cputime - t

    John> jwe

I know, but thanks for remembering me.  But the ratio is correct.
System time is simillar.

--
Platzangst:
Der dauerhafte Zustand eines Luftballons.

Dipl. Phys. Thomas Walter
Inst. f. Physiklische Chemie II
Egerlandstr. 3                          Tel.: ++9131-85 27326 / 27330
91058 Erlangen, Germany                 email: address@hidden