Re: list???

From: Daniel Heiserer
Subject: Re: list???
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:53:06 +0200

> The list data type currently is in only the bleeding-edge (2.1.14)

The bleeding edge is too bloody for me. ;-)

Anyway may I make a suggestion before it becomes unbleedy,
and causes endless matlab compatibility discussions and makes us all
sick
......?

matlabs cell uses {} not ().
So *PLEASE* use {} to create a list.
a{1}=[1 2 3 ];
Add multidimensions to it. This *COULDN'T* be any problem.
(It is just a pointer questions, because there are *NO* operations
defined which take care of the multidimensions).
*PLEASE* no discussions if multidimensions for cells/lists make
*ANY* sense they are just for dumps like me who *HAVE* to work
with matlab *ALSO*.

Thanks ......

PS: Did ever anybody think about having a hash-datatype for octave?

Bye daniel

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
                                 Daniel Heiserer