Re: problems in redhat 6.0 and octave

From: Vivek Shanmuganathan \(95410006-BS\)
Subject: Re: problems in redhat 6.0 and octave
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:38:43 +0530 (IST)

THIS MAIL IS RELEVANT ONLY TO USERS OF OCTAVE ON REDHAT LINUX.
OTHERS MAY PL IGNORE IT.

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Paulo Cesar de Souza wrote:

> I installed the package : octave-2.0.13.90-1.i386.rpm that comes with
> this distribuition but when I try to run the message appears in my
> terminal :
>
> error: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
> error: attempted clean up apparently failed -- aborting...
> Aborted

The following is reporduced from the file README.Linux.

----
   Octave Compiles, but won't run
   ------------------------------

   If you can compile Octave, but it crashes with a segmentation fault
   right away, you probably have incompatible versions of libc and libg++
   installed, or you have a version of the dynamic loader, ld.so, that is
   incompatible with your versions of the libraries, or both.
----

I am using rpm biinary for 2.0.13. It works perfectly fine. Please iidentify
the dependency requirements of the octave rpm. You can do it using the
following command: rpm -q -R -p octave-2.0.13.90-1.i386.rpm

For me, the packages required are as given by the above command:

/bin/sh
ld-linux.so.2
libc.so.6
libcruft.so
libdl.so.2
libm.so.6
libncurses.so.4
liboctave.so
liboctinterp.so
libstdc++.so.2.8

Please check whether the all the dependent packages are there.

Bye.

Vivek...