problems in redhat 6.0 and octave

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: problems in redhat 6.0 and octave
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 19:46:46 -0400 (EDT)

  Paulo> I have the following configuration in my workstation:
  Paulo>
  Paulo> Pentium II/MMX  233 and 96MB & 2.4 G hd
  Paulo> running Redhat 6.0
  Paulo>
  Paulo> I  installed the package : octave-2.0.13.90-1.i386.rpm that
  Paulo> comes with this distribuition but when I try to run the message
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Paulo> appears in my terminal :

I think you should try the RedHat help channels. That is a packaging bug, not
an Octave bug.

  Paulo> I don't know where the problem is I tried to compile the new version
  Paulo> but it failed too.

Could you try to be more precise? _What_ did you do, which configure and make
options did you use, what happened etc.  Did you read the README for Linux?

Luck,  Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.