plotting from within octave "scripts"

From: Harikrishna R
Subject: plotting from within octave "scripts"
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 14:18:30 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

I was trying to write self-contained scripts in octave via the #!
facility. Everything seems to work fine except for plotting commands -
gnuplot window does not come up.  The script (program, rather) works fine,
plotting and all, when run from an octave interactive prompt. What could
be the problem?

Here's my configuration:
[7: 0] uname -a
SunOS nirvana 5.5.1 Generic_103640-24 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-20

I downloaded the source and compiled it using Sun's compilers.

Thanks,
harik