Re: IRIX octave 2.0.14 can't find runtime libs

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: IRIX octave 2.0.14 can't find runtime libs
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 11:57:13 -0500 (CDT)

On 12-May-1999, Himanshu Gohel <address@hidden> wrote:

| So what is the deal with
| the --enable-rpath option.  Does it add -rpath to the link flags?

It tries to add whatever system dependent flags that provide the
equivalent feature.  The problem with things like this is that
features sometimes change, breaking the configure script.  Also,
without access to all versions of all systems, it is difficult to know
what the correct flags are.  That's why I'd like to see Octave using
libtool (so the libtool maintainers can worry about such details).
But as I said, I don't have time to do that work myself right, so the
options are for someone else to do the work, provide funding so that
more of my time will be available for projects like this, or for you
(i.e., the Octave users) to find someone else to do the work and
submit a patch.

Thanks,

jwe