Re: Matrices in liboctave

From: heberf
Subject: Re: Matrices in liboctave
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 00:27:34 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 8 May 1999, vlachidis costas wrote:

> Hi
> I'm in the stage to select some scientific simulation-development
> package to install in my Suse6.0 workstation.So I need some answers.
> --- Has octava some Gui?

People are working on that but it's not done yet.

> --- Are there some examples or demos?
> --- are there some libraries? And how they can be used?

No demos but if you or someone else would like to write some it might be a
good idea. As far as examples and information about the libraries look at
the documentation.

> --- what about the code compatibility between octava -scilab and mathlab
> and gcc?

Octave is more compatible with MATLAB than scilab is but they are all very
similar.  GCC is the compiler used with octave.  You'll also need c++ and
libstdc++ which should have come with your SUSE distribution as well.

Heber Farnsworth