Re: can't use full path in load command

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: can't use full path in load command
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 14:54:21 -0600 (CST)

On 31-Mar-1999, David Larom <address@hidden> wrote:

| At 01:53 PM 3/31/99 -0600, address@hidden wrote:
|
| >You are going to have to provide more details.  How can you expect
| >anyone to be able to help you if you don't provide enough information
| >to allow the problem to be reproduced?
|
| I thought this was self-explanatory, to such an extent that I thought Yip's
| message encompassed everything anyone would need to know. I didn't want to
| waste your or anyone else's time with an excessively verbose message.

Generally it saves time if you provide all the details again, even if
they can be found in some archive somewhere.  Then I don't have to go
dig up some information.

| Here are some details:
|
| I can't load ANY file with a pathname.
|
| Example: my root directory is /usr2/dlarom. I have a minimalist test file
| /usr2/dlarom/oct/dat.jnk, contents as follows:
| 1 2
| 3 4
| >From the directory /usr2/dlarom/oct, 'load dat.jnk' works fine. from any
| directory, 'load /usr2/dlarom/oct/dat.jnk' does not work. from my root
| directory, 'load oct/dat.jnk' does not work. from another directory
| /usr2/dlarom/pwr, 'load ../oct/dat.jnk' does not work.

OK, it looks like I was wrong about this problem being fixed in
2.0.13.  But it does seem to be fixed in my current 2.0.x sources, so
it should be fixed in 2.0.14.  The fix should also be in the latest
test release if you would like to verify that it works for you before
2.0.14 (that would be helpful, because if it does not, then perhaps it
could be fixed before the actual release).

| >Bugs should also be reported to the bug-octave mailing list.
|
| Wasn't clear it was a bug or simply something I didn't understand.

OK.

Thanks,

jwe