can't use full path in load command

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: can't use full path in load command
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:53:50 -0600 (CST)

On 31-Mar-1999, David Larom <address@hidden> wrote:

| Having exact same problem as this old message. I am using Version 2.0.13.
|
| >On 27-Oct-1998, Yip Fai <address@hidden> wrote:
| >
| >| May I have your help to solve the problem of using command "load:?
| >| Whenever I try to load a file by typing its full path name, octave
| >| always give me an error message, " unable to convert filename
| >| '../directory/filename' to valid identifier ". Can I have your help?
| >
| >What version of Octave are you using?  I believe this should work in
| >Octave 2.0.13.

You are going to have to provide more details.  How can you expect
anyone to be able to help you if you don't provide enough information
to allow the problem to be reproduced?

Information that would help would be an example data file (including
the name you use for the file), and the exact command you use to load
it.

Bugs should also be reported to the bug-octave mailing list.

Thanks,

jwe