Re: Problem with ploting and some other stuff

From: Ivo Babarovic
Subject: Re: Problem with ploting and some other stuff
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 22:47:58 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:

> On  2-Mar-1999, Ivo Babarovic <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | BTW: try the function , it's quite interesting.
>
> What function?  Comma?  That's not a function, but whatever.  What is
> interesting about it?
>
> jwe

    Hi there!

Function itself was written in the body of the message.
What is interesting about it?:
My humble opinion about what's interesting  is how a convergence
(or divergence from a=3 to 4) is changing for iterative formula
x[i+1]=a*x[i]*(1-x[i]);
I think you get some kind of fractal or something.
I'll attach the two functions to the message.

bye
    ivo
% try it with
% a=2:0.01:4 , change step (3:0.001:4)
% m=100
% n=20 here I get the problems. If I put n>24 I get
% errors with gnuplot
% Try it with diferent m and n
% x is a starting point of iteration usualy 0.5
function A=itera1(a,x,m,n)

A=[];

for i=1:m
  x=quadd(a,x);
end

for i=1:n
  A=[A;x];
  x=quadd(a,x);
end
plot(a,A,'.');
% this is just a function quadd calld by itera1
function y=quadd(a,x);
y=a.*x.*(1-x);