Re: Subplot command

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: Subplot command
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 17:21:45 +0000

William H. Lipscomb wrote:
> Since I wrote my earlier note I've come up with two more questions, and I
> was wondering if you know the answer.
>
> (1) Is it possible in Octave to insert text into a plot?  In Matlab this
> can be done with the text command: text (xcoord, ycoord, 'TEXT').  But
> this command produces an error message in Octave.

plplot_octave has `text'

> (2) Is it possible to use subscripts, superscripts, and Greek letters in a
> key?  For instance, can I label a line as x^2, but with the 2 as a
> superscript next to the x so that it's not necessary to use the caret?

in plplot_octave , `plot(x, y, ";x#u2;")' does what you want. Also,
greek symbols are possible, although I have not tried it.

Try <http://merlin.inescn.pt/~qual>

Joao

--
Joao Cardoso                |   e-mail: address@hidden
INESC, R. Jose Falcao 110   |   tel:    + 351 2 2094322