Re: Subplot command

From: Kai Mueller
Subject: Re: Subplot command
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:05:38 +0100

On Mon, Dec 21, 1998 at 11:45:21AM -0700, William H. Lipscomb wrote:

> I am a new Octave user with a question about the subplot command.  When I
> use this comman to make multiple plots, I get the message:
>
>        error: subplot: gnuplot does not appear to support this feature
>
> Does this mean that I am using an old version of gnuplot without the
> subplot command?  If so, where can I get a newer version, or is there
> another way to make multiple plots?

1. You need a recent version of Gnuplot (I think it's still
   Unix version 3.5 (pre 3.6), patchlevel beta 340).
   Here is an incomplete list of ftp servers:
         ftp://cmpc1.phys.soton.ac.uk/
         ftp://ftp.dartmouth.edu/pub/gnuplot/
         ftp://www.che.wisc.edu/pub/octave/
         ftp://ftp.ifr.ing.tu-bs.de/pub/ControlSW/gnuplot/

   Enter Gnuplot and try "set multiplot". You should see the
   "mulitplot> " prompt.

2. You must tell Octave that Gnuplot supports multiplot.
   The variable "gnuplot_has_multiplot" must be true.
   Perhaps this is the only thing you have to do.

Kai

--
 Kai P. Mueller
 Control Department (Regelungstechnik) | Phone [+49] (531) 391-3835